Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Music brings miracle

I don't remember, in my small life so far, how many times i have overtly or covertly thanked my friend Pankaj. Toady i am again to say him "Thanks" and i don't know how many more times i will have to say, so its better i pretend as if i do not know counting or say "Main pannchvi paas se tez nahi hun".My recent thanks spawns as again he has given me something to write and to make me feel there is something which i still love.

I referred a gazal by Jagjit Singh which i found on youtube and really loved just by listening once.Perhaps my intention was to show him "Look Pankaj, there is one Gazal of Jagjit singh which i am aware of but you are not." However, "i really loved the gazal" is also a fact in the same way as "Sun shines in east" or some other fact in this world.I could not understand most of the worlds of gazal as those were in Urdu but love knows no language boundaries (perhaps it's too much filmy). It has been the case with me forever. I remember, when very first i listened "tum itna zo muskara rahe ho" and "Jhuki Jhuki si nazar", i felt it's not the first time i am listening these gazals. But when and where, it's still a mystery to me only. Afterwards, once i could trace my all time favourite gazal, "Nazar Mujhse Milati Ho", just by listening its music ( i never listened its music earlier to it) being played 2-3 house away from my home.

I never had to put effort to recollect words of his gazals.Perhaps this is the power of music which makes us to do something outstandingly different from our usual characteristics.I have never been a good observer or good listener but in case of gazals i have always been excellent.

Music brings miracle just like words.Music is something which is omnipresent and needs none of our five senses.Someone has said it very beautifully

"Like everything else in nature, music is a becoming, and it becomes its full self, when its sounds and laws are used by intelligent man for the production of harmony, and so made the vehicle of emotion and thought."

1 comment:

Pankaj Upadhyay (पंकज उपाध्याय) said...

you always rocked man...Hello Everyone this is Pankaj here :)

Keep on writing and bragging about it also in public. I know you will love it.