Tuesday, October 21, 2008

R u also waiting?

Recently, a blood donation camp was organized in my company premise. In this regard a mail was broadcasted days ago.I am in habit of donating blood but since around one and a half year i could not get the chance to do this noble cause which just takes few minutes and a pure will.So i was really very excited to donate blood.On the day of donation,I asked several of my team members to accompany me but to my surprise most of them denied. I wanted to know why are they not willing to donate blood but no one could give any reason or better to say no one wanted to open that they are afraid of a reason which they neither know nor exist. Anyways, with this impression i reached the venue with a perception in mind, as not many people willing to donate blood so ill go there, donate blood and will be back not in more than one hour. But again to my surprise, lot many people were present there. I had to wait for more than two and half hour to get my turn.Not even this there were some who came from company offices and client locations which are located more than 20 Km from my office campus.Situation could be understood as organisers has to close registration long before (3 Hours) the closing time of the camp because they were afraid otherwise doctors will have to stay whole the night.I was really surprised that with almost same level of education how people differ in their way of thinking and their attitude towards life and society.

While returning, i was thankful to organisers for giving me chance to make my blood useful for others.I wanted to share same with my friends. Back at my flat i shared same with my friend and he gave me one more information ( sharing with friends always gives some added information) about a site where i can register myself and be open for to be contacted by needy people.Now i have registered myself and waiting for 3 months to be passed as i can not donate blood for next three months. I am sharing the same link here so as if anyonee unfortunately lands at this page, he/she gets at least something out of it.

www.friendstosupport.org

By registering, now i will not have to wait for one and half years to donate my blood.So, Are you also waiting ???............

4 comments:

Pankaj Upadhyay (पंकज उपाध्याय) said...

I registered to this site before but in bombay(Asian Hearts Institute) doctors were not accepting my blood due to reasons u know so I deleted my account as noone can call me and get some optimism from my side. Good to see you regular with your posts [:)]

Sumit said...

I really admire Anuj for his attitude towards this noble cause. He gears up whenever he listens there is any blood donation camp in the city. I have never seen him hesitant for this thing.
And yes this site is really gud b'caz nobody knows when one will need this red liquid. One day it may be any of us, so go ahead and register yourself.

Thanks Anuj for ur views and sharing such info with all of us.

Anuj said...

Thanks for keeping my spirit burning....n special thanks to u sumit for giving me info in this regard which i am trying to sppread...

@ pankaj
i like this way of making my succesful upto some extent as this does not requires any effort (i am so lazy)...but i know that u r not..n there are lot many ways to do same and even if not then i know that u will invent some

Unknown said...

Gr8 Anuj, u have done a great job......keep it up....