Monday, January 5, 2009

few hours with next generation of India

Last Friday, I along with some people from my company, went to a centre run by Mr Rafi. This center is aimed at taking care of street children. The forerunner of this center brings street kids, keep them in his centre and take care of their education and other basic needs. We were there for around 4 hours trying to know culture of this centre, various task they are performing, difficulties they are facing, achievements they are proud of and lot more. We went to one class and met children. No need to say that guys were happy to see us and were very receptive.A kid, sitting in front row, looking very active, greeted me with " Good evening sir".

"tumhara naam kya hai".....
" Kalam...Abdul Kalam"….
My next obvious question was
“A.P.J. kalam ke bare me jante ho?
"haan! woh humare rashtrapati hain"
....Oops answer was bit wrong but I dint check him.
“A.P.J.Kalam kya kerte hain?
“Jahaj banate hain"...
“pani wala jahaj ya fir hawa wala jahaj?".....
now he was confused.

Next we asked these guys to show us dance. Some one shouted that Vikaram dances well. "Who is Vikram?"...A kid stood up and we asked him to come and dance. Without any hesitation he came out and to my surprise with out any hesitation or fear of performing he danced very well.

I was really amazed to see that how eagerly these kids wanted to perform. These kids were very eager to come to main stream and to enlighten the society with their performances.

Back at my home, I started comparing myself with these kids. There were plenty differences between me and them. I never had the courage to go on stage and perform. I always waited someone to come to me and force me to perform irrespective of the field. I was always shy in talking people even with my relatives. Still, today I am in a position that my parents, friends and people who know me consider me as if I have achieved some thing in my life. These kids already have an edge over me.I wish them very best of luck and to be talented, energetic and self motivated generation of India.

2 comments:

Pankaj Upadhyay (पंकज उपाध्याय) said...

Bahut Achhe dost..Wasie aisa josh humare bachpan main bhi tha, abhi bas apni izzat ka khayal rehta hai. Bachpan mein izzat aur ego dono hi kam hote hain..Bahut achha.. Maza aa gaya..

Anuj said...

dos josh to tab bhi tha n aaj bhi hai...per himmat na tab thi na aaj hai...usi himmat ko pane ke liye to her din lade ja rahe hain