Monday, April 6, 2009

Pride is must...

I was in Stockholm for my three month assignment. There, the counterpart of my manger in India, Fredrik , however very sweet and descent individual but was not giving us time and response as he was supposed to. Not a problem, for me, as it was my first client site assignment and as we Indian can adjust every thing, I could also manage without his much support.

My technical manger (TM), to whom I have always considered exceptionally intelligent women, was also in Stockholm for meeting with client. My TM called for dinner party for we all so that she can meet each and everyone in person. On my way to selected restaurant (Lilla Karanchi - Lilla is swedish which means small) she asked me whether Fedrik is interacting you guys. I said " However he is a very nice person but he doesn’t interact with us much. He doesn’t participate at all in activities." My TM gave me a quick reply “Now onwards he will do”. Nothing special in her reply which can be felt through worlds on my blog but her tone.....her tone was most confident tone I had ever heard. It was enough to make me re-realize that I am also a drop of well recognized Indian talent pool, enough to say that be confident and fill yourself with pride.

By the way I must share the reason which provoked me to recollect this incident and to add one more post on my blog. Few lines which I was reading before writing this post

“Pride, like laudanum and other poisonous medicines, is beneficial in small, though injurious in large, quantities. No man who is not pleased with himself, even in a personal sense, can please others." -Frederick Saunders, librarian and essayist”

1 comment:

Pankaj Upadhyay (पंकज उपाध्याय) said...

I agree..Sometimes even I had put my pride at stake and those were very gloomy and sad days. I was not at all confident. Nowadays I respect myself and ask for respect from anyone coming to me. I feel confident and at least It makes me feel special..