Sunday, April 5, 2009

When I met Saina

“If she wins I will throw a big bash …” I said to Sumit. But unfortunately she lost her match against Malaysian player and again, unfortunately (which in other cases could be fortunately) I had not to throw bash.
In my conversation “she” referred to Saina Nehwal and the match I was talking about was badminton semifinal of Beijing Olympic। There are three things from Hyderabad which I like very much – Golconda Fort, Eat street and Saina Nehawal। Pulela Gopichand badminton academy is at stone’s throw away distance (bit exaggerated fact) from my office and I always fascinated to see Saina, not by effort and just by chance.
As my project has been scrapped I just finished an article of my interest and was thinking what next। Suddenly I recollected that Indian open tournament is happening in a stadium which is again very near to my office campus। I also recollected that today Saina’s match is scheduled। I opened internet explorer and in its address bar typed an address which I think every software engineer would have typed millions of times in his life “google।com” and in search bar I typed “Indian open tournament 2009 schedule”। Her match is at 3।20 p।m. A gave a quick look at computer watch and its 3.10 p.m. one of my project matte if he is accompanying me. Yes he is ready and after 10 mins I was purchasing tickets at kiosk in stadium. After exploring and possessing a seat which I thought will give me best view of Saina. I started waiting for match to be started. She came, in excitement I whistled like a street guy with the help my two fingers and my tongue. Match started and initially she lost points to her Malaysian opponent but soon started getting pace and earned few nice points. My excitement was acquiring pace like Shatabdi express. Alas suddenly a camera man came and put his instrument just next to me. Shitt!!!....now I will have to search for new place. My eyes started navigating whole then stadium. There were several places but I dint want to be interrupted. After 2 mins navigation I could find a good place.

"Wow!!!... .it’s a fabulous smash” I screamed as Saina smashed hard and took a lead of 17-11. Very soon, she won the set. Alas! In next set my excitement started fading out as Malaysian girl was completely dominating and in very short time she took lead by 9-1. Saina could just lessen the gap and lost second set. Third set was a tough match for both of the players, both battled hard with good energy but at the end Saina lost it by 17-21. Whenever I watch match of my favorites, be it Saina, Yuvraj Singh, Indian Cricket team, my favorites always loose. It has been a proven jinx for me since years.
A girl in nice track suit, on which India was written, was wandering here and there. At that moment, the only thing special I could feel about her was, she is really beautiful, has a nice height and is showing “Adaayen”. My colleague said to me “ Sir Ji ! apnea age wali row mw yeh jo banda baitha hai uska face pehchaan lo.”……I asked him what’s special about him. He asked me just to remember his face. After few minutes I got a thin book which was being distributed with our any cost. I always pick things which are free, no matter what’s the instance. Now this book was one which made me to realize where am I sitting. On one page of this book, photos of Indian national player were printed. That beautiful girl is Jwala Gutta and the guy next to me is Chetan Anand. Now my condition was like the girl in Vodafone adds in which girl is in lift with some celebrity. I have seen political personalities in face to face to but never, I had same chance with any national level player.
After few moments I also got the chance to have closer look of Saina and shot some photographs of her which I am posting on this blog. Many better and nicer photographs of her can be found on internet but, no need to say, for me these are special. Probably I will create an album on Picasa and title will be Saina by Ericcsson P1-I.

GOOD LUCK Saina, for future and specially for next Olympic.
(Just one update. I could not update Saina pics at the time of posting this post and thought of doing same later on. But unfortunately i have formatted my mobile and all the pics have been lost.)

1 comment:

Pankaj Upadhyay (पंकज उपाध्याय) said...

sahii but where is the photo and start using 'windows live writer' for writing blog. The writing goes haywire, you should format it a bit.

Anyways, good to see you at least met Saina ;), next is Sania..